tried & true | sausage corn chowder

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

No comments
share:
hen I think about a home-cooked meal, this is the first recipe that pops into my mind. This is my all-time favorite recipe from childhood. It was passed down throughout my mom's side of the family. I still ask for it every time I go home, and I'm a full-grown adult.

It is that good, and to make it better it's incredibly easy to make! It is perfect for when you don't have a lot of time to make dinner.

Enjoy!

S A U S A G E  C O R N  C H O W D E R


I N G R E D I E N T S

1 lb. ground italian sausage
1 c. chopped onion
4 c. diced potatoes
2 c. water
2 beef boullion cubes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 can (14.75 oz) creamed corn
1 cup frozen corn
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
D I R E C T I O N S

Cook sausage and onions.
Drain grease from pan.
Boil potatoes in seasonings for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Do not drain water!
Add sausage and onions and stir.
Add corn and evaporated milk last.
Simmer on low to heat all ingredients.
Do not bring to a boil because it will develop a film.
Enjoy!

Post a Comment