postcards | prahbupada's palace of gold

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

No comments
share:

For our two-year anniversary (one June 2nd), Luke and I took a day trip to New Vrindaban, WV to visit Prahbupada's Palace of Gold. It's a fascinating place that you would never imagine finding in the hills of West Virginia. Dedicated to Swami Prabhupada, an important Hare Krishna spiritual teacher and scholar, it was originally being built as a home for Prabhupada's visits, but was not completed before he passed away, so his loyal followers finished it as a monument and tribute to him.

We had a really great time visiting -- learning about other cultures continues to be one of my favorite things about traveling and living in a new place. I'm so happy that I'm married to someone who feels the same way. I can't wait to travel the world with you, as there is no one else I would rather do it with.

xo

Post a Comment